Available online !! New paper related to 4D Printing of Bio-Composites ! Check this out !
A. Le Duigou, T Fruleux, R. Matsuzaki, G. Chabaud, M. Ueda, M. Castro, 4D printing of continuous flax-fibre based shape-changing hygromorph biocomposites: Towards sustainable metamaterials, Materials & Design, Volume 211, 2021, 110158, ISSN 0264-1275, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2021.110158.
• 4D printing of Hygromorph BioComposites was performed.
• Soft matrix enhance actuation of Hygromorph biocomposite.
• Layer Height (LH) allows for local control of thickness and stiffness ratio.
• Interfilament Distance (IDp) allows for variable composite stiffness.
• Simple compliant mechanism via localized microstructure change are proposed.